Friday, February 20, 2015

Web 2.0: Multimedia Blog Pre-Posting



evolution
      One of the classes I am taking this year is AP Biology. My AP Biology teacher is Mr. Colarusso, whose website with more information can be found by clicking here. When the class first started, I expected to learn about numerous topics such as evolution, cell life, and photosynthesis. I have learned about all of those topics in class so far along with others that I did not expect to learn at first, such as chemistry and genetics. Check out my AP  Biology textbook to view more of the topics I will eventually cover throughout the course of the year.

osmosis lab
      Although AP Biology can be very difficult, there are aspects of the class that I do like. Some of the labs that we do during class are really enjoyable, especially because I like to be hands on. One example of a lab I enjoyed doing was when we tested osmosis by using pink dye and experimenting with how it can diffuse into a plastic bag filled with water when it is placed in a container of water. Aside from the labs, I also enjoy learning about certain topics during class, such as evolution and genetics, because they are very interesting to me.

      Technology is incorporated in my AP Biology class in several different ways. For example, we will sometimes use laptops to research online for more reliable information about certain topics. Also, we often do virtual labs in which we have to use a laptop to conduct the experiment online while viewing it from the projector. Lastly, my teacher will find helpful videos online to show the class to help us better understand what we are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment